Fluorescence Guided Nanomechanical Testing
Hysitron’s integrated Fluorescence Microscope enables fluorescing microscopic structures to become clearly visible against the non-fluorescing background, enabling the testing of highly specific regions of inhomogeneous materials and hierarchical structures that are not identifiable using standard imaging techniques.
The Fluorescence Microscope can be used in conjunction with any material that absorbs excitation light at a given wavelength and emits light at a longer wavelength. Fluorophores or fluorochromes can be bound to molecular structures of interest, such that the spatial distribution of these molecules can be accurately identified and tested.
Hysitron’s Fluorescence Microscope option replaces the standard optics column in the TriboIndenter Series nanomechanical test instruments and is capable of performing both standard bright-field and fluorescence imaging.
Hysitron's Fluorescence Microscope Features
- Ability to reliably and seamlessly position nanomechanical tests on specific areas of the sample that have been identified using fluorescence imaging
- Capable of both fluorescence microscopy and bright-field microscopy
- Hundreds of easily interchangeable filter sets available, specific to the fluorochrome being used
- High-resolution color CCD camera
- Broad spectrum light source with high excitation intensity
- Compatible with all Hysitron testing techniques
- Available on all new and existing TriboIndenter nanomechanical test systems