Hysitron is proud to introduce the IntraSpect 360 system. As the newest member in Hysitron’s family of in-situ mechanical test instruments, the IntraSpect 360 brings quantitative mechanical property characterization to X-Ray microscopes (XRM) and beamlines. This unique system can be used to perform a variety of mechanical tests such as indentation, compression, fatigue, and bending, which can then be correlated to 2D or 3D images from the host microscope.
The IntraSpect 360 features a seamless, X-Ray transparent viewing window for unobstructed imaging and streamlined μCT studies of material deformation, including fracture and the onset of failure. With up to 10N of maximum force and 80μm of displacement, the system is a versatile choice for characterizing the internal deformation processes in a wide variety of materials, such as composites, ceramics, metals, and natural or biological materials. Hysitron’s industry-leading transducer technology delivers an unsurpassed level of stability during 4D studies of material failure such as crack propagation at a fiber-matrix interface, or void behavior within weld joints.
The IntraSpect 360 utilizes a unique piezoelectric load cell combined with Hysitron’s trusted three plate capacitive transducer technology. This arrangement allows for a significant increase in the available displacement range, while maintaining an ultra-low noise floor. This exclusive design results in very little heat generation, meaning unparalleled stability while in-contact with a sample. This is extremely important during the imaging process for computed tomography studies (μCT) where data acquisition can sometimes be lengthy. Tests as long as 168 hours have been reliably performed in combination with Hysitron’s reference frequency correction technique.
Hysitron's IntraSpect 360 Features
- Seamless, 360° X-Ray transparent viewing window for gap-free 3D imaging
- Designed for use in X-ray microscopes (XRM) and beamlines
- Ultra-stable piezoelectric load cell design with capacitive sensing
- Maximum Load: 10N (tunable); Maximum Displacement: >80μm
- Load or displacement controlled testing modes for nanoindentation, compression, tension, or bending tests
- performech® Advanced Control Module with 78kHz feedback rate and data acquisition up to 38kHz to capture transient events, such as fracture initiation