The 3D OmniProbe brings depth-sensing nanomechanical testing techniques into the world of three-dimensional characterization. The three-dimensional force and displacement sensing and control technologies integrates nanoindentation and nanoscratch with ball-on-disk and reciprocating tribological tests into one platform to provide exceptional results.
Using the trusted, high bandwidth sensor technology from standard Hysitron nanoindentation systems in combination with three axis of piezoelectric movement, the 3D OmniProbe yields higher force testing while maintaining low noise specifications. The load and displacement-controlled test modes allow the user to identify fracture or delamination events while maintaining accurate control of the probe.
In addition to the standard nanoindentation and nanoscratch, the 3D OmniProbe is capable of performing in-situ profilometry measurements. This feature allows for measuring dimensions much larger than the limits of a conventional AFM system scan range.
Each 3D OmniProbe is carefully designed, constructed, calibrated and tested to meet a users specific needs with regard to normal and lateral maximum force and sensitivity. The maximum normal force can be customized from 150 mN up to 10 N with 80 μm of normal displacement. The 3D OmniProbe is capable of lateral forces up to 5 N and displacements of 150 mm.
Hysitron's 3D OmniProbe features:
- Three dimensional force and displacement sensing and control providing indentation and scratch results
- Multidirectional scratch capabilities
- Closed-loop load or displacement controlled testing
- Automated multi-sample handling
- Real time sample tilt correction for tribology and scratch experiments
- Maximum lateral force of 5 N
- Maximum scratch length of 150 mm
- Customizable maximum normal force of 150mN to 10N
- Maximum normal displacement of 80 μm